PRYOR, Oklahoma - The Pryor Academic Excellence Foundation, founded in 1992, serves as a private partner for the Pryor Public Schools by providing grants to support programs and teaching projects as a 501c3 non-profit entity. Foundation grants are awarded for instructional and academic programs considered to be innovative, supportive, and new ventures for the school system. The programs selected exemplify the Foundation's purpose: To provide opportunities that enrich and enhance the quality of education for students in Pryor Schools. To date, over $1.2 million in grants has been funded for the Pryor Public School System.
Here is a list of just a few of the areas that have been funded by PAEF:
• Supplies for hands-on science experiences, both indoors and outdoors
• Resources for school counselors
• Classroom and library sets of books for whole class learning
• History, civics and geography materials
• Programmable calculators and other mathematics materials for cutting edge learning
• Hi-tech microscopes and software for detailed scientific exploration
• Multimedia and other technology materials for student produced products
• Art and music enhancement materials
• Eye-hand coordination materials for the youngest learners
• Equipment, software, and other materials for special needs classrooms
• Books, books, and more books!
• SMART boards, reading and math software, online database access, and so much more
Our sincere thanks go out to all the members of the Pryor community who have taken the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our young people by contributing to Pryor Academic Excellence Foundation and its investment in our children's educational opportunities. Unfortunately, COVID-19 required the cancellation of our annual fundraising events for two years. We cannot use the principal in our endowment since we depend upon the interest income from it to fund half of our grant budget each year. Therefore, we are mailing donation requests, posting the information on social media, and in general, helping the community become aware of the importance of continued support for PAEF and the benefits to the students.
As an added benefit to donors, we will list sponsors with the grant awards, in publicity surrounding the awards, and on the periodic updates on social media. Here are the sponsorship levels:
PAEF Tiger. $10.00-$499
Your donation will go directly to fund Grants to Teachers – there is no paid staff. Our board members are all volunteers, many are retired teachers, local business owners, and Pryor alumni who all care deeply for best possible experience for our students in the Pryor Public School System. For more information or to donate go to paef.org, use the QR code in this article, or inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org. Donations also can be sent to: PAEF, PO Box 901, Pryor, OK 74362. Help us reach our goal of $50,000 by December 31, 2021!